You are given a block of text which explains the theory of this concept.
Once you have read the theory, do the exercises given below to test how well you have understood the ideas.
How to do the Exercises:
You are given a set of words.
You are also given some sentences with input boxes, and you are required to use the words to complete the sentences correctly.
You can put your chosen word into the input box by first clicking on the word and then in the input box.
The word will appear in the input box.
If it is correct, it will go green, and if not, it will go red.
PET - MAKING SUGGESTIONS
There are several ways of making suggestions in English.
- SHALL WE, WHY DON'T WE, HOW ABOUT, WOULD YOU LIKE TO, LET'S and WHY NOT..
They are used in the following way:
You go out with a friend and would like to suggest a trip to the cinema.
You could say one of the following:
- SHALL WE GO TO THE CINEMA ?
- WHY DON'T WE GO TO THE CINEMA?
- HOW ABOUT GOING TO THE CINEMA?
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO THE CINEMA?
- LET'S GO TO THE CINEMA.
- WHY NOT GO TO THE CINEMA?
These phrases are often used in sentence transformations.