You are given a piece of audio and some questions which correspond to the audio.
Each given question has three options A, B, and C.
Choose the best option for each question.
Once all the questions have been answered, click on the check button.
Correct answers will appear in green, incorrect answers in red.
Your mark will be given as a percentage.
The pass mark for this exam is 60%, and you will hear the audio twice.
You hear a conversation with Ros who has rowed across several oceans.
1) When asked why she rowed across the Pacific, Ros explained that
- A) she feels it was a mistake.
- B) she had very strong reasons.
- C) she wasn't sure.
2) Why did Ros choose to row rather than do another activity?
- A) She felt it suited her personality.
- B) She couldn't explain it.
- C) She had some experience of rowing.
3) The time Ros spent at university prepared her for a career as
- A) an adviser.
- B) a legal analyst.
- C) an entrepreneur.
4) How does Ros describe her life in London before undertaking her adventure?
- A) Satisfying.
- B) Unfulfilled.
- C) Challenging.
5) When speaking about social media, what point does Ros make about the timing of her row?
- A) She was fortunate to do it at the right time.
- B) She should have waited.
- C) She should have done it earlier.
6) Ros describes the incident when she was rescued by the US coast guard
- A) with indifference.
- B) with gratitude.
- C) with regret.
7) How does Ros describe the experience of being airlifted into a helicopter?
- A) It was very unpleasant.
- B) It was nothing out of the ordinary.
- C) It was part of the adventure she was having.
Your score is /, which represents % of correct answers.