You are given 3 pieces of audio and 2 questions which correspond to each audio.
Each given question has three options A, B and C.
Click on the button to choose the best option for each question.
Once all the questions have been answered, click on the check button.
Correct answers will appear in green, incorrect answers in red.
Your mark will be given as a percentage.
The pass mark for this exam is 60%, and you will hear the audio twice.
You hear someone talking about herding reindeer.
1) What is the source of Ella's tension?
- A) The fact that she might lose a baby reindeer.
- B) The fact that the water might be too cold.
- C) The fact that the herd might react in an undesirable way.
2) What does the speaker mean with the word derail?
- A) Become uncontrollable.
- B) Miss their scheduled arrival at the station.
- C) Get stuck in the ruts caused by previous migrations.
You hear someone talking about gathering wild horses in Mongolia.
1) In which way does Ulan trick the mares?
- A) By making the mares think there are more riders than there actually are.
- B) By making the mares think their foals are in danger.
- C) By making the mares think his horse is faster than them.
2) What does the speaker mean when he says the foals are feisty?
- A) The fact that they are strong.
- B) The fact that they are aggressive.
- C) The fact that they are difficult to control.
You hear someone talking about setting off avalanches.
1) In which way are they controlled?
- A) They are controlled because the explosives have a trigger.
- B) They are controlled because the time and location of the avalanche is predetermined.
- C) They are controlled because the air temperature is carefully studied.
2) Why was the first attempt considered a failure?
- A) Because a large accumulation of precarious snow still remained.
- B) Because the avalanche happened at the wrong place.
- C) Because the avalanche was timed incorrectly.
Your score is /, which represents % of correct answers.