You are given 3 pieces of audio and 2 questions which correspond to each audio.
Each given question has three options A, B and C.
Click on the button to choose the best option for each question.
Once all the questions have been answered, click on the check button.
Correct answers will appear in green, incorrect answers in red.
Your mark will be given as a percentage.
The pass mark for this exam is 60%, and you will hear the audio twice.
You hear someone talking about hunting pigeons with falcons in Dubai.
1) Why does the speaker describe the use of falcons as an ancient Arabian solution?
- A) Because falcons are native to Arabia.
- B) Because hunting with falcons is a traditional Arabian pastime.
- C) Because the practice of keeping falcons started in Arabia.
2) What does the speaker mean by the phrase genetic fear?
- A) An instinct all pigeons have from birth.
- B) An instinct that some pigeons have.
- C) An instinct that all birds have.
You hear someone talking about hunting in the wild.
1) Why was one of the hunters referred to as The Apprentice?
- A) He was fond of American television.
- B) He was unsure of how to hunt.
- C) This was his first major hunt.
2) What did the speaker mean by the phrase hit home?
- A) They would now be able to return home.
- B) The arrow had hit its target.
- C) The hunters were missing home.
You hear someone speaking about hunting for honey.
1) What does the speaker mean with the phrase getting hotter?
- A) The bees are stinging more.
- B) The air temperature is increasing.
- C) They are getting closer to their objective.
2) What does the speaker mean by the word grubs?
- A) In this context, this word is slang for food.
- B) In this context, this word means baby bees.
- C) In this context, this word means other insects.
Your score is /, which represents % of correct answers.