You are given 3 pieces of audio and 2 questions which correspond to each audio.
Each given question has three options A, B and C.
Click on the button to choose the best option for each question.
Once all the questions have been answered, click on the check button.
Correct answers will appear in green, incorrect answers in red.
Your mark will be given as a percentage.
The pass mark for this exam is 60%, and you will hear the audio twice.
You hear someone speaking about zoos.
1) Why does the speaker feel zoos are still needed?
- A) Because it's the only way people can see some species.
- B) Because they are a good way of keeping the public interested in conservation.
- C) Because there is an ever decreasing amount of habitat suitable for wild animals.
2) What advice does the speaker give people visiting zoos?
- A) They should avoid disturbing the animals.
- B) They should find out how the zoo handles the subject of conservation.
- C) They should visit endangered species because they may not be able to do so for long.
You hear some speaking about how she responds to the word NO.
1) What is her advice to her listeners?
- A) To be determined.
- B) To learn to judge who's on your side.
- C) To accept well-meaning advice.
2) How does the speaker justify her approach to life?
- A) She feels she know best.
- B) She wants to teach her family something.
- C) She is naturally stubborn.
You hear someone speaking about language.
1) What was the speaker's parent's objective?
- A) To ensure the speaker was fluent in several languages.
- B) To ensure the speaker did well in school.
- C) To ensure the speaker had English as her mother tongue.
2) How does the speaker feel about her parents' efforts?
- A) The way one of them handles language is confused.
- B) She is grateful for their foresight.
- C) She resents the pressure they put her through.
Your score is /, which represents % of correct answers.