You are given a block of text which explains the theory of this concept.
Once you have read the theory, do the exercises given below to test how well you have understood the ideas.
How to do the Exercises:
You are given a set of words.
You are also given some sentences with input boxes, and you are required to use the words to complete the sentences correctly.
You can put your chosen word into the input box by first clicking on the word and then in the input box.
The word will appear in the input box.
If it is correct, it will go green, and if not, it will go red.
INCREDIBLE or UNBELIEVABLE or UNIMAGINABLE
QUESTION: What is the difference between the words INCREDIBLE and UNBELIEVABLE and UNIMAGINABLE?
These adjectives are interchangeable and mean the same thing.
They all describe something which is so amazing that it cannot be imagined or believed.
- I had an UNBELIEVABLE meal last night. (It was good beyond words.)
There adverbial forms are INCREDIBLE, UNBELIEVABLY and UNIMAGINABLY.
- He plays tennis incredibly well. ( His level is beyond words.)
You can substitute any of these adjectives or adverbs as you like:
- My father left me an incredible amount of money.
- My father left me an unbelievable amount of money.
- My father left me an unimaginable amount of money.