You are given a piece of audio and seven questions which correspond to the audio.
Each given question has three options A, B and C.
Choose the best option for each question.
The pass mark for this exercise is 60% or over.
You will hear the audio twice.
1) When asked why she rowed across the Pacific, Ros explained that
- A) she wasn't sure.
- B) she had very strong reasons.
- C) she feels it was a mistake.
2) Why did Ros choose to row rather than do another activity?
- A) She felt it suited her personality.
- B) She couldn't explain it.
- C) She had some experience of rowing.
3) The time Ros spent at university prepared her for a career as
- A) an adviser.
- B) a legal analyst.
- C) an entrepreneur.
4) How does Ros describe her life in London before undertaking her adventure?
- A) Satisfying.
- B) Unfulfilled.
- C) Challenging.
5) When speaking about social media, what point does Ros make about the timing of her row?
- A) She should have done it earlier.
- B) She should have waited.
- C) She was fortunate to do it at the right time.
6) Ros describes the incident when she was rescued by the US coast guard
- A) with regret.
- B) with gratitude.
- C) with indifference.
7) How does Ros describe the experience of being airlifted into a helicopter?
- A) It was nothing out of the ordinary.
- B) It was very unpleasant.
- C) It was part of the adventure she was having.