- Exam: FCE
- Course: LISTENING
- Part 1, Exam 3
You will hear people talking in eight different situations.
For questions 1 - 8, choose the best answer (A, B, or C).
Drag and drop, or type your answer, or its corresponding letter, in the answer box.
The pass mark for this exam is 60%.
NEW Drag and drop now works on all mobile devices.
- (1) You hear a young man talking.
- Why did he go back to college?
· Possible answers: A) HE NEEDED A BETTER JOB B) HE NEEDED AN EVENING ACTIVITY C) HE NEEDED NEW SKILLS
- (2) You hear a man talking on the radio.
- What is he?
· Possible answers: A) AN INVENTOR B) A COMPANY EMPLOYEE C) A WRITER
- (3) You hear someone talking on the radio about an artist.
- How does the artist feel about his work?
· Possible answers: A) HE WOULD LIKE TO EXHIBIT IT IN AN ART GALLERY B) HE WANTS TO MAKE HIS CREATIONS LAST LONGER C) HE IS HAPPY TO SEE HIS WORK DESTROYED
- (4) You hear a woman talking to her son.
- Why is she talking to him?
· Possible answers: A) TO GIVE HIM A WARNING B) TO REFUSE PERMISSION C) TO MAKE A SUGGESTION
- (5) You hear part of a lecture about the role of retired people in the economy.
- What is the lecturer describing?
· Possible answers: A) REASONS WHY SOMETHING IS CHANGING B) ERRORS IN STATISTICAL INFORMATION C) DISAGREEMENTS BETWEEN RESEARCHERS
- (6) You hear a chef being interviewed on the radio.
- Why did he decide to become a chef?
· Possible answers: A) TO FOLLOW A FAMILY TRADITION B) TO DEVELOP A NATURAL TALENT C) TO PERSUE HIS LOVE OF COOKING
- (7) You hear a teenager talking about the sport she plays.
- How does she feel while she is playing the sport?
· Possible answers: A) UNCOMFORTABLE B) EMBARRASSED C) CONFIDENT
- (8) You hear an explorer talking about a journey he is making.
- How will he travel once he is across the river?
· Possible answers: A) BY MOTOR VEHICLE B) ON HORSEBACK C) ON FOOT